If it sticks, its done...

Sunday, September 3

Back Home



And then I went down East for a bit. My Grandma passed away. She was 89. She was much admired and loved and respected. She will be missed.
And there you are.

My family is from down East. The Brockville area.



A happening and growing and thriving little burg on the shores of the St. Lawrence River. Near the Thousand Islands.



A small city where, it seems, I just might be related to everyone who has ever lived in or near the area.



Yipes.

This is the Masonic Lodge in Lyn. Its just outside of Brockville. Its so small, its not on Mapquest. Plenty of my more direct relatives have lived or still live in Lyn. It is on Google Maps. Just not on Mapquest.



These folks are not my family, though they are Slacks. It just turns out that Google Images cannot find any images of people I am related to. So just pretend that these are Slacks I am descended from. Its more fun this way, really.



And so I have given this link out to my cousins. I haven't seen any of them in a long, long, long time. So I will now attempt to give them a quick update of my life and what is happening. For everyone who already knows all this, here is a link to some Amazon reviews by someone who has never read any of the books he reviews. Did you follow that? Good. Now get.

Where was I...? Oh, yeah.

This is my wife. She's a hottie. And the smart one in this partnership.



This is our dog Channing. She hates getting her picture taken.



This is our other dog, Milhouse. He's five 150-pound dogs trapped in the body of one wee Jack Russell.



We own a house. We both work for the devil, just in different forms. She takes photographs, helps organize Buskerfest and watches me play video games. Me, I play video games.

And so, there we are. All caught up.

And I'm back home from going back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I just found you on MySpace but this blog is better for sure.. sorry about your Gramma... BTW, it's Todd, from Mister Disc and all those unmentionable parties where we took off our clothes, cracked open the peanut butter and... oh yeah, you weren't at that one haha