If it sticks, its done...

Saturday, August 6

Strange Rumblings From The Far East...

And so I says to the guy...
One post, one little "hey, look at me, I'm over here" entry, and what do I get? A bunch of odd comments, some of which made me vomit a little in a my mouth... Oysters???? Huh????? Ah, life. Gotta love what a liberal education will get you these days. Keep the comment-stuff coming!

And so goes the daily battle. This html stuff is definitely the spawn of some lower demon from one of the more disturbing inner-circles of hell. I don't know if its me or this ancient Mac I'm using, but everything is showing up a little...slanted. Maybe its not looking that way on other computers, but, man, I can't figure it out on this one. The other template I was attempting to use was shrinking everything. Very odd.

New pooh... The links are coming together nicely. Slow and slanted, but still nice.
I'm starting to wonder what the links I'm choosing are saying about, well, me. Hopefully that I am well-adjusted, a benefit to society, an all-around nice fella. Probably not.
Over to the right, there are a couple of North Korean links. While he may be a complete madman who takes paranoia to a whole new level, Kim Jong Il is easily one of the funniest sociopaths in modern history. His administration takes the time and spends the energy to entertain the rest of us on this blue marble, yet most folks don't know about it. Check out the North Korean News, for example. You won't find any updates on the six-nation nuke talks there, but you will find out about every wreath-laying ceremony in the country. And while they may shy away from mentioning their multi-decade long famine that has crippled the country and is wiping out an entire generation, they wil update the world on, well, wreath-laying ceremonies. And just for shit and giggles, occasionally they will mention their "foreign visitor" whenever he returns to North Korea to pal around with Kim. One thing that is interesting about "foreign visitor" is that the first time he seems to have been mentioned in the news was around the time Bin Laden disappeared into the Afghan/Pakistan borderlands... Whoever "foreign visitor" is, he spends a lot of his time while in North Korea at wreath-laying ceremonies.
The North Korean Pooh link is a collection of Kim's fave links. Really. Check it out. And remember, Communism is not dead.

Also, over to the right, is Geological Pooh. One is a constant update of earthquakes. Yay, earthquakes. The other, I am so proud of finding this, is a webcam pointed at Mt. St. Helen's growing bulge (heh, heh, heh). Check it often, be the one who can say, "I was there when the Mt. St. Helen's webcam was whaked by a river of lava..." Oh, joy.

So, enjoy. There will be more to come. I just have to wrestle html some more, find its weaknesses and make it submit.

And once more, I have to apologize to anyone who has staggered into here expecting to find pictures of unclothed ladies flinging pooh. I'm not from around here.

7 comments:

Slackhopper said...

I am an unclothed lady flinging pooh, READING your website....does that count?...besides, I like the way your shit curves.....I think most women will agree that a little slant goes a long way......

Anonymous said...

That's ok but oyster comments aren't????? Hmmm...

RK

Anonymous said...

i hate to do it, but....what he said!

patti

Slackhopper said...

that is what drinking with buskers does to the brain....and i apologize...

Slackhopper said...

hi honey...I fixed your slant...don't ask me how, but I did...FYI, some of your links don't work (North Korea Pooh, Astronomy Picture, Volcano and The JPL)...I didn't do it...when I fixed the slant, I cut and pasted your links so nothing was changed...

Craig said...

Yah, no slant man ... it looks fine ... like a normal healthy blog ... congrats ... and stay regular.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh....

The old 'drinking with buskers' excuse eh. Hmmm...

RK